Saturday, March 1, 2008

These last 10 days...

I just wanted to say something briefly... awhile ago, I sent my wife to Connecticut to see her sister Hillary because she was really stressed out at this time in her life, and she needed a vacation. My reasons for sending her were not altogether selfless - she was driving me bananas, and I needed a break. I thought that I would have tons of fun, and party and do all the things I couldn't normally do all the time with her around.

When we checked her in to her flight, I started to get pangs in my stomach, and realized how much I would miss her. When she hugged me goodbye and left me to wait in line for the security check, I had to control myself from bawling.

The week passed, and life went on without Courtney... But things in my life just weren't the same. So I wanted to say something to her:
Courtney, the love of my life - I have trouble sleeping without you. I miss you more than I have missed anything, and I need you now more than I have ever needed anything.
You are the light of my life, the salt that gives my world flavor, and I love you... so much.
I am so excited for you to come home.

I love you. See you soon.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

You are so sweet Jake! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful wife with me, it was so great to see her and she was such a HUGE help to me while Steve was gone! I can see why you miss her so much, she's pretty great. I was teasing her about keeping her here longer and she said you wouldn't be very happy about that, I don't think she would have been either. I guess next time you'll just have to come with her :)

Kyle said...

Dear Jake Graves~~

What is up man?? Thats so funny, its been forever. I was chattin with Nate Sheranian via Facebook and told him to tell you I said to contact me. So life is good man. My wife loved your last blog. She almost cried. She just wants me to miss her even though we are together everyday. So, yeah dude, xBox! oh man, do you have a 360? I sure do. We need to play sometime. My last memory of you was just before my mission having a Halo party at your place. So whats up with you? Let me know, K?

Nate said...

Dude...

I know exactly how you feel. I sometimes don't realize how good I have it till I am away from my wife.

You have an amazing wife in Courtney. You are both lucky people.

It was great seeing you on Friday night.

Oh, yeah--I suck at Nintendo...er I mean Rockband

Crystal said...

Hey Jake,
I found Courtney's blog through a friend of a friend in my ward, and eventually found yours! Kinda random! Sweet words for Courtney! I am glad that you two are doing well! You will have to take a look at my blog. We are down in Spanish Fork now. We just built a house down here. Glad to hear you and Courtney are doing well!

Crystal Putnam Cox

Kyle said...

Yes, I do have Xbox live, its wonderful. My gamertag is hawkeye1010. I freakin loved Bioshock. I do a lot of Ebaying to get games and play them then sell to get new games. I did sell Bioshock as well to get Mass Effect. Its so awesome. First RPG I've played where all characters are voice animated. Its incredible. I'm glad I've found another good gamer friend with live, cause I don't have many. I kept Halo 3 so we need to play sometime. And how bout Call of Duty 4?