Monday, February 11, 2008

Birds are Weird

Tycho and Gabe had it right when they said this... it's no exaggeration. I repeatedly catch my birds doing weird and strange things, but I rarely have the wits to grab my camera and document it. Well, here ya go. The first video is my bird Callie singing to a sock. When I brought the camera out, she started singing to it instead of the sock, but make no mistake: She was singing to the sock before I had the camera.








In this next video, I heard some light muffled chirping and went to investigate, only to find that they had made a "nest" inside the couch. This is typical mating behavior for cockatiels, but both of my birds are males... so this would be an example of atypical behavior. Once again: they are oh so strange.






So there it is. Birds are weird.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I can't believe those birds are still around! How old are they? I'm glad to see you finally decided to grace us with your blogging presence. I thought you had dropped off into oblivion. Miss you Jake!