Sunday, May 6, 2007

My Amiga, My Friend


Ah, the Amiga.

In 1989, it was the pinnacle of technology: 3D animation, superior graphics to both the Macintosh and the PC, and it had more games than you could shake a stick at. It really was super cool.

Something happened, though, and the Amiga tanked. I think it was because of poor business practices... but whatever it was, it was suddenly gone, and you couldn't find it or any software for it anywhere.

Well, recently I found a really cool site called Recordedamigagames.org, and I can relive all childhood nostalgia. I have included two videos that are from my favorite video games, Shadow of the Beast, and It came from the Desert. You can tell from the sound that it was pretty high quality for 1989.





If you are interested in Amiga games and software and reliving the old nostaligia, you can actually buy an emulator complete with kickstart roms at amigaforever.com. I haven't done it yet because we are poor, but some day in the future I might.

Peace.

-JG

No comments: