Sunday, August 12, 2007

I never thought that people would care if I updated my blog or not... apparently I was wrong! Court told me that she had several people tell her that I needed to update my blog. So here I am.

I just got over some toe surgery this last week- I had a section of toenail (1" x 1/2") taken out two weeks ago because scar tissue from previous ingrown toenail operations had caused the nail to grow sideways instead of straight out, making the nail dig deeper and deeper in my foot.

This surgery caused me pretty much the worst pain I had ever felt in my life, and I needed more darvocet than they gave me, but I was too chicken to ask for it... I didn't want to be a drug seeker.

So... My wonderful wife threw me a birthday party, and decided to invite my close friends and family, and I decided that it would be good to invite my cousin from Georgia who is kinda the black sheep of our family, but I have a soft spot for him because he was my best friend when we were kids and would spend weeks at my house playing games with me in the summer.

I don't want to go into a lot of details, but let's just say that he wore out his welcome and took advantage of my family and I, and he probably won't get an invitation to our house for awhile.

How's that for an update? I'll do more later, but that should be good for now.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for the update, I was one of the people that requested an update. Hope your toe is feeling better! Sounds like it was pretty painful..I still have some painkillers from my appendectomy-you want me to bring 'em with me tomorrow? Just teasing!

Can't wait to see you guys!

The Johnson's said...

its about time!!

The Johnson's said...

it's about time!!